Tuesday 9 February 2010

English Whisky

Over November and December we had quite a few requests from customers for English whisky. In particular I took half a dozen calls ironically when I was on holiday in the home of whisky (Scotland) over Christmas from customers disappointed that our extensive range didn't include any English expressions.

To be honest, English whisky had never really occurred to me - I was aware of it but had assumed that most people would be more interested in Scottish or Irish iterations. However, given we do have an (slowly) expanding whiskies of the world section at www.prestigewhisky.com I thought it would be worth giving English a go. I contacted the two live distillery businesses I knew of : The English Whisky Company and Red Rose Whisky.

I sent the same letter to both on the same day - outlining who we are, how we would want to work with them and offering them access to the site as we do with all our distillery partners. This was all in the last week of December. It suddenly occurred to me today that neither has replied.

I have e-mailed both again today, reminding them who we are and hopefully soon we'll be able to add some quality English liquid to the site.

I will of course keep you all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment