Friday 21 August 2009

The mysteries of google page ranking

If you do a search under 'whisky' or 'buy whisky' www.prestigewhisky.com doesn't appear on the first 20 pages of google listings (I'm sure it appears somewhere but frankly I got bored of looking after 20 pages).

However, if you search under 'Glenfarclas 1963' we appear third on page one of google. But if you look for 'Glenfarclas 1994' there's no sign of us anywhere, even though we stock both items and I've done nothing SEO wise to differentiate between the two. Also, don't get me started on 'Balvenie 1967' - we're still appearing page one of google despite the fact that we no longer carry that whisky.

Having gotten us to page one of google for a number of searches I now need to keep us us there with interesting copy and things like this blog - I'm resisting the temptation to type :

'buy whisky from www.prestigewhisky'

six thousand times to see what happens - my guess is that google probably won't like this but who knows ?

No comments:

Post a Comment