Friday 23 January 2009

First day of blogging

It's been a long day.

I've spent a lot of today working on prep for some important meetings for one of my other business interests. In the spare time between powerpoint presentations, spreadsheets and phone calls I've managed to set up this blog, work out how to insert a visitor counter (very easy and I highly recommend it - leave me a note if you'd like the link to blog patrol - takes less than 5 minutes) and then get the site pretty much looking as I want.

Firstly I'd like to thank the people who've already visited and read the blog. I've had some interesting comments and helpful critique from colleagues and friends.

Special thanks go to :

Mark Allen - hope you get this post in your reader now you've taken the time to subscribe

Mark Nagurski - really helpful comments and as you can see I've slightly reformatted based on your suggestions

Secondly I'd like to set up some expectations for the blog. Areas I'm planning to cover will include the business elements of 'creating' this new on-line business from scratch; obviously I'd like to use it as a marketing tool where possible and also keep you up to date with where I am in the process, the kinds of things we want to include as product to sell and of course get imput from you the great global whisky buying public as to what you'd like from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment