Friday 5 June 2009

Launch date ?

People who view this site semi-regularly may be wondering why the Prestige Whisky site is not live and available for use by now.

We were aiming most recently for a 1st of June launch date. However, we have had a couple of delays with integrating our payment portal onto the site. As this is such a vital area I have had to ensure that it is 100% working before moving to a live payment environment.

That being said, the extra time has enabled me to run more tests on the site. Iron out/amend a couple of things that weren't as I expected and of course enabled me to get a really good volume of wonderful whiskies loaded onto the site ready for launch.

I've just spent 30 minutes having a play and I think the site is really impressive - as good as I imagined.

In addition we now have a new feature - a selection of recommended whisky books to accompany our range of malts.

I'm not going to put a date in this post - but I'm hoping all the above small wrinkles will be smoothed out in the next four or five days and that we can still launch before Fathers Day - fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment